Sunday, April 19, 2009

Last Day of Thai Tour

Well you know, when Kim and Dylan are gone I guess I am just extremely bored and out of things to do. Just so all the ladies know, I have laundry going and the kitchen is already clean. So here is another post to help Kim out.
We started the the day out with breakfast and a gorgeous view over the resort compound.

After breakfast, we headed back towards Phuket and stopped at one of Thailand's first China Towns. Forgive me for not remembering the name of the town. I know Kim has it somewhere but I could not find her notes. Anyway, it seems like this family cannot get away from Chinatown. Every country we have been to we end up in one. This one was very cool though.
You can surely buy whatever meat you want here!

In the states, Kim fell in love with Thai food and soon introduced me to it. One of her favorites is Thai Tea. Even though we were in a Chinatown, they still had the Thai Tea. And this was the real deal! Above is the lady making it for us. Below we are each holding our plastic bag full of Thai Tea. Yes, a plastic bag with a straw. Very interesting. That is the way the Thai people enjoy their tea and it was the best I have ever had!


There were fresh veggies as far as the eyes could see. Our guide told us there are many things they have in Thailand that there is no name for in English. Kim and I soon realized we would never be able to cook some of the dishes we had in Thailand because we will never be able to get the ingredients. That is heart breaking!

On the street just before leaving China Town with our goodies. Our guide Suphot was so generous and bought us many of the local treats to taste them. We were stuffed but how can you turn down all the delicious food?!

On the drive back, we stopped to look at this police boat. This was actually made for the Prince of Thailand and used for his entourage. When the tsunami hit, it was thrown several hundred meters inland and ended up in this resting spot. Now it has been made in to a memorial. Very sad to still see lots of the devastation and memorials that are all over coastline.

In the states you get to see cows or pigs in trucks on the highway, but how often do you get to see an elephant being moved around in a truck?

The last attraction we went to on the tour was Lampi Waterfall. It was a pretty waterfall but not much water at this time of the year. We climbed up a little higher and I gave Kim the scare of her life. I slipped on a wet rock while holding Dylan and went down hard. No worries, I twisted and saved Dylan from harm and only had a knot and scrape on my back for the next two weeks!
Our last lunch on the tour was at a wonderful garden restaurant with more yummy Thai food. As you can see below, Dylan was quite happy. He actually ate a Thai dish for lunch with us.
As I still have another 48 hours before my lovely family gets back home, stay tuned for more blogs! However, the bed is calling now since work will be coming shortly in the morning.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great posting Rory and I know Kim will be so thankful to have you helping her catch up on the blog!! Miss you guys and so proud that you are doing laundry and cleaning although I know that is no surprise really :o)

kafredrick said...

You are the man sweetie pie!!! THANK you for all your help. The house looked great when we got home and dinner was excellent! I love you!!!!