Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Linville Caverns and Falls

Another splendid day in the NC mountains!
We headed over to Linville to let Dylan experience the inside of a mountain
as well as to do some hiking.


Dylan waiting outside the entrance to the cavern
I asked about "Tall Man's Torture" and "Fat Man's Squeeze" only to find out they don't call those zones by those names any more. Even the rocks are made to be PC! I think every visit I will bring it up just for kicks:)Peekaboo!

Even though I have been visiting Linville Caverns since I was young, I have yet to be bored on a tour. It is an amazing subterranean world, complete with blind fish and a history of civil war deserters calling it home.


On to Linville Falls.
Dylan LOVED hiking! There is so much to see, touch and learn about outdoors
Another natural spot to play peek-a-booRunning, running, running and he still didn't take a nap that day!




Enjoying the fresh air and beautiful view
Love my little crazy man!


the above picture = perseverance and determination


Dylan and Daddy



Dylan's first ever taste of rock candy compliments of our cavern tour guideOur family (of four) posing at the same spot on the deck that I remember my Gran posing my family growing up.



No comments: