Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nursery Update









Hello All

We have had the border up for a while now, but I have been bad about showing you all. It was the first time Rory and I have ever put up border in our lives, but it went rather well after the first strip that is:) You can see the border and the wall color as well as part of the shelves with Teddy bears in the one picture. I do realize that the bears still have their tags. I don't have them in their final spots as I am still waiting on one bear. The second picture is the sailor baby lamp that will be on top of the small 4- drawer chest next to the rocking chair. Mom F bought the baby this lamp - thanks. You may not be able to tell but the bear is holding a shell to its ear and wearing a sailor's dixie cap. Behind the lamp you can barely see the crib. I didn't take a picture of it yet because I have not ironed the crib skirt nor tied the bumper on right. Anyways as I just mentioned, we do have the bumper and the crib skirt both blue and white gingham which matches the border and the curtains. The only piece of furniture we have left to get for the nursery is my great grandmother's rocker back from the man doing the refurbishing. My next project will be the decorations - Rory and I are working on putting together a puzzle which will be one of the pictures, another poster I have needs a frame, and I will be putting together a shadow box/scrapbook page of sorts which won't be fully finished until I get prints of our little child's feet to go inside (hard to explain but eventually I will have a picture up for you to see what I mean) The room is coming along - it definitely looks like we are expecting a baby.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Are we really the last one with the bear?? Oopsy... I have this really cute idea, have shared with mom...but just haven't done anything yet - SORRY.
Will have to take care of that soon!
xoxoxo
Room looks adorable!

Tami@ourhouse said...

Love the room. It was funny to read, "It definitely looks like we are having a baby" (when you were referring to the room), and then to scroll down and see your cute pregnant belly in the next post. I think it's looked like you were definitely having a baby for some time now! :)

I love your updates, by the way.

shanyn said...

The room looks great and so do you! I love your shower cake, so cute!