Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Half Birthday


Rory will miss Dylan's 1st birthday since the GW will be on its way over to Japan. I wanted to surprise him by having a half birthday for Dylan that way Daddy could help celebrate.

I didn't do too much decorating wise but it was nautical theme (tough to do in the winter). The invites were sailboats that I made, above the bay window I hung signal flags that spelled Dylan's name and on the table I had some blow up sea creatures and a fishing net.



Rory and his first mate, Dylan - check out Dylan's shirt isn't that too perfect:)



I can already tell Dylan is going to be a messy one at his first birthday when I actually let him go after the cake. He tried here but I caught his hand before the icing made it back to his mouth

Unfortunately the party did not end up a surprise for Rory thanks to the Navy who was threatening to change his schedule around. Thank you to all the ladies who brought food over! We had a great time celebrating Dylan's 6 months



2 comments:

Jaime said...

What a cute idea! I love the half cake! He is such a doll.... and getting so big!

Courtney&Chris said...

What a sweet and creative idea! Good work Kim! Happy Half Birthday sweet Dylan.