Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bananas - A favorite?

Today was Dylan's first time trying fruit, we have conquered and loved our veggies. Rice cereal is a staple and oatmeal is something we are getting used to.



I thought I would be taking a couple precious pictures of a child thrilled to be eating bananas after all the veggies mom has been serving up. I did get some great pictures but not at all what I had in mind as you can see.



Looks like Dylan isn't quite sure what to think in these first few pictures but the flared nostrils say something isn't quite right















Now it looks like Mom just feed her precious angel zucchini oh wait Dylan loves zucchini













Maybe it was a lemon???











Here is the proof - this was bananas!!!


After one bite little man signed a real grown up type sigh. It said in not so many words - "OK, I got through that! What is this woman going to throw at me next?"
Can you imagine if I had fed my child bananas first like so many people successfully have. Dear Dylan would never have trusted me again to give him food.
Of course being the sweet child that he is Dylan ate all the banana that mom had for his dinner. I am sure he will get used to it and one day maybe even love bananas - we will see.
For now his heart lies with the wide variety of squash he has eaten.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is so funny! When Savannah was around 8-9 months old she LOVEd bananas.... she wanted them all the time and ate them so often that she now HATES bananas. Go figure :)