Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Movement :)

I FELT THE BABY MOVE!
A week ago today, February 13th at 4:43pm, I was on the couch alone when I felt this strange flop in my stomach. The whole world just vanished and I sat stunted in realization that I felt my precious child for the first time. I was only stunned for an instant then I was beyond excited and on the phone with my Mom.
What an amazing experience, to feel another human inside of you moving around. For those of you who have not felt a child move inside of you, I read a great description of exactly what I felt. You know when you catch a fish and take the hook out of it's mouth laying it on the dock, ground etc.. and it flip flops a couple times. That is the same feeling in your stomach though for me I only felt one flop the first time. The baby's bones are just now becoming solid which is why I am able to feel movement.
We can't wait until Rory can share in the experience of feeling our child move.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

oh my gosh, there is nothing else in the world that compares to this sensation. You really cannot describe it accurately to someone who hasn't ever been pregnant but It is the most wonderful thing on the planet. It really shows you how wonderful God's grace is. I am so excited for you!!

Love to you three,
J.

shanyn said...

Isn't it the best feeling in the world, what a sweet man you have, so thoughtful on Valentines DAY! Keep me updated with the personal training!

Nikki said...

So happy that you and your little fishy are doing so well! Lots of love to you sis....xoxoxo