Sunday, October 14, 2007

President's Park

This past Friday, Rory and I took Dylan with us to the President's Park in Williamsburg.
There are 42 Presidential Statutes standing 16-18 feet tall each with short histories and interesting facts.
Rory with George Washington (his ships namesake)
Kim & Dylan with her favorite President - can you guess who?
President Lincoln one of the most famous of the four assassinated presidents.
Dylan found it so stimulating that he slept through the entire visit :) he he
Rory and I enjoyed finding out the little known facts about our Presidents - makes them more than just old guys in a history book.
For example:
James Garfield could write in Greek and Latin at the same time! (yeah my left hand's handwriting looks like I am still in kindergarten)
Andrew Jackson was the only president to have been a prisoner of war - at his inauguration he had a saber slash down his forehead and two bullets in his body.

*Did you know that four presidents were assassinated and five presidents survived attempted assassination? Yeah me either I only remembered two were assassinated
*Also did you know that you could get a ticket for speeding a horse through Washington? I forget which president it was but he got a ticket for riding his horse too fast in Washington - that really made me laugh.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Is it Ronald Reagan? That's who it looks like. I wish there was neat stuff like this near us.... instead we watched college football all day yesterday :) Miss you guys!!!

Nikki said...

What a great family outing...see, VA isn't all that bad!! he he he
Love you, Miss you!