Saturday, December 22, 2007

Amazing Young Man

Well, since Kim is gone to Florida and can't upload any pictures of Dylan and I am finally back from sea I wanted to at least add something about Tim Tebow! What an outstanding young man of character. And might I add, the first sophomore to ever win the Heisman!!

Hopefully there are two more to come!

Dylan's favorite sports player!

For those of you that did not see the Heisman presentation, it showed what a sincere young man Tebow really is. He is the type of role model we need to see more of in sports these days! Tebow is someone I don't mind my son looking up to!! In fact, the President wrote him a letter and here is what the letter said:

"Dear Tim, Congratulations on winning the Heisman Trophy. More importantly, I appreciate your priorities as stated in your speech! Faith, family, academics and sport. If your mission was to allow the Almighty to shine brightly, it worked. I appreciate the love and pride that your parents obviously felt last night. Please give them my best. Sincerely, George Bush."

Those priorities are the exact order Tim stated them in. Gosh, with how awesome he is at football imagine how much he puts in to his top three priorities!! Wow, I just pray that Kim and I can raise little Dylan to have such morals and values. Well, all I have to say is Go Tebow and Go GATORS!!

2 comments:

kafredrick said...

Honey what a wonderful post!
With the Lord as our guide Dylan will turn out to be a wonderful man of character.
I love you and miss you!

Nikki said...

Amen! To all of the above...that speech gave me chills!!