Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sayonara Daddy

It is hard to believe but it is already April 2008. A month that for so long seems to loom in our future as the time when our wonderful Rory would say Sayonara. He would be heading off to Japan via stops at "exotic" ports. Aah the life of a Navy Sailor. As many of you know it isn't all that romantic and wonderful. What is wonderful is that we have men and women who freely volunteer to defend our Precious Freedom.

We took some pictures the day (April 6th) that we had to take Rory to the ship. Being in the nuclear department he had to be on board the night before they were scheduled to take off.
In the following 3 pictures I tried to capture a game that Daddy and Dylan play. Dylan likes to grab at the Florida emblem on Rory's hat which causes the hat to hide Rory's face. Then Dylan grabs the bill of the cap and pulls up trying to see Daddy's face. Back and forth back and forth hat then face. All the while Dylan is giggling and smiling.
This game could go on forever it is too adorable!



Dylan also gets a kick out of sitting up on Daddy's shoulders. He will squeal with pleasure letting everyone around know that he is king of the world when sitting up on his Daddy's strong shoulders!

We are already missing Rory/Daddy. I know that it is tough for those of us left behind, but I believe Rory is the one making the greatest sacrifice. He is leaving behind his family and comforable life to be on board the USS George Washington living in conditions that oh man I know I could not handle. Can you imagine? I will have to post some pictures of his living quarters called berthing so you can see how cramped he is. Rory has my deep respect and undying love!!! He may be sick of the Navy life but he made a commitment and is sticking with it. We need more people of that quality in this country. Whenever you think of him please pray for his safety and well being.

We love you Rory and miss you!!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

We will be thinking of you guys and praying for Rory's safe return!

Megan said...

Way to make a girl cry!! You know that Jimmy and I share in your pain and your pride. We are here for you if you need us in the next few months but I know that time will fly by and you and Dylan will be with Rory in Japan soon and then we will be missing all of you instead of just Rory. Love - Megan and Jimmy

Nikki said...

You know we love you all dearly and will be praying for each of you along with new journey!! As you know we are missing Rory already and Kaelyn is taking it the hardest...xoxoxo

Jenna said...

You are so strong Kim, and so sweet to acknowledge Rory's pain above your own. As fast as these last 3 years have gone by, the next months until you are together will fly by- and then you will be back home (in FLORIDA!!) before you know it!!

You all are in our daily prayers. Love you all.

Jen Davis said...

The dreadful day...Kim, you are so strong and such a good wife. The both of you have sacrificed so much and I pray for you both. Call me if you need me. We love you all!

Unknown said...

When Rory signed on to the USN, he was a free and single man wanting to see the world. You, Kim, changed all that and with the birth of Dylan both of your lives were given a new and blessed purpose. Now he is seeing that world and those of us left at home have a heavy heart. Soon, you and Dylan will, too, be half a world away and our hearts will be heavier. But, I am so proud of my son and all the sacrifices that the three of you have and will continue to make. This journey begins the end of Rory's commitment to the USN and your move to Florida. What a beautiful day that will be!!
Love, Mom F

Larry Martin said...

Kim,
Brad shared the email concerning Rory's ship's departure. Let him know how much we appreciate his service (and yours). It was so good to see you three at Brad and Jenna's back in Feb. Wishing you guys nothing but the best and look forward to the day you're back home in Fla.

Larry Martin

Julie said...

Hi Kim,

Brad & Jenna shared the email with us as well, about Rory's departure. We are praying for you all. God bless!

Love,
Julie

PS: Dylan is just the cutest little thing! Love that smile. :)

Courtney&Chris said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers and although I know you are surrounded by loving and supportive family and friends, I'd love to hear from you-- call/email anytime.

Rory said...

Well, the Navy has finally not blocked my internet access and I was able to get on the blog tonight. This post made me sad, but then I read all the comments and it made me tear up! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and I love you all dearly!! Kim and Dylan, I am missing you guys with all my heart and can't wait to be with you again! Thank you to everyone keeping Kim and Dylan in such good hands. Hopefully I can continue to check the blog!!