Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Birthday Celebrations 2

The morning of my b-day, Emily picked us up and we went shopping at D2. I was hoping to find Christmas present but instead found this attitude you see below. Dylan didn't want to shop or even enjoy mom's birthday - maybe it disturbs him that I am getting older:)


After suffering through fussy boy at the store for an hour we stopped in McDonald's for lunch. Yes I know I don't eat McDonald's in the states - in case you haven't noticed by my posts this isn't the states! The main draw was the play area and of course the Birthday celebration McFlurry. Emily treated me to lunch - Thank you Emily!!!Above is my sandwich - do you know what it is? Neither do I:) I saw it on the sign where in the states they advertise the new or limited time items. Why not try it:) The inside of the brown crust was the consistency of mashed potatoes - ???



The Americans taking over the corner of McDonald's

Here comes the best part of my birthday well if you don't count the wonderful make you miss home conversations with family I had in the morning.


I have always "played" with Dylan at the park and playgrounds. Hovering behind him so he didn't fall and hit is head or break something. I will not always be this kind of mom but come on he is only 15 months old.


Here is what happens when mom takes a step back:)




He made it!


Dylan climbed the steps all by himself without falling backwards. Whoa!!




Next are some horrible quality pictures. I zoomed in and captured Dylan's big boy adventure. Check out the great faces he is making


yea Mom I can do this!!






So what do you think not sure what I think?

But did I surprise you or what mom!



I may venture farther mom...


It was precious how he kept looking out of the opening for mom.
I was there camera in hand:)



Trying to keep up with the big boys








Below shows the friendships that children can build in 1-2minutes. I could not see in the front of the play area anymore because so many children were piled in playing together


The fun of showing this American boy the happy meal toy spills outside
It was beautiful to see the girls showing Dylan how the toy worked.

He would then play with it and hand it back all on his own:) What a sweetie pie makes you forget how much fun he made the shopping trip.



Almost all Japanese at least 30s and below pose for pictures with a peace sign???



Lunch and play time was the best part of my birthday - watching my son interact and have fun was amazing!

3 comments:

Rory said...

So wonderful to see Dylan having all that fun. I can't wait to be there to share in his joy. How amazing that we have such a wonderful little boy! I love you both!!

Jenna said...

Okay, if he is not the spitting image of his daddy- those shots of him playing, all zoomed in.... that is allll Rory! So funny!

I wonder, if you have a girl, would she be a mini-Kim?

Courtney&Chris said...

Happy Birthday Kim!