Friday, June 27, 2008

Dylan's New Trick

I never had the opportunity to post an 11 month post since life at this Fredrick house hold is a little crazy so this will have to do:)Here is the story behind the truck you see above - When I showed up at the nursery to pick Dylan up after my work out the attendant said, "Dylan show your mom". Up he popped off the floor grabbing the handle of a push toy. He then proceeded to walk all the way across the room to me. When he was halfway to me the instantaneous emotions of my heart bursting with excitement and dropping to my toes (because he is growing up so fast) overwhelmed me and I let some tears out. Dylan stops and just look intently at me. I encouraged him with a large tearful smile and said that it was OK these were good tears. That was all he needed to hear and he made it the rest of the way.

Of course this afternoon after visiting Michaela we headed out and bought a 3-in-1 haul and ride. As you can see he uses it as a walker but will also be able to ride the truck and haul his toys around. To haul his toys around you can pull the steering wheel up and forward therefore the dump truck is like a wagon. The steering wheel also has buttons which produce the sounds of a truck starting, a horn honking and other "truck" noises

Oh yes, the tongue of concentration was out the whole time
Here is a video of Dylan walking down the hall




I will eventually get back to the CA pictures but not for a while. Rory's parents are coming in town this weekend for a quick visit so the blogging will pick up next week.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Aww look at him go! What a big, sweet boy!!!

Enjoy your visit this weekend!

Jaime said...

I loved when Madalyn learned to push her toys around! Only she would push everything, even little baskets around because she was scared to walk on her own! Now she uses her Pooh car as storage (you never know WHAT the heck you will find in the trunk!)

Courtney&Chris said...

no way!!! so big!! fun stuff. enjoy every little step.

Rory said...

Argh, I hate being away from home!! How awesome babe, I am glad that you can share these with me over the internet. I love you both very much and can't wait to see out little man walking in person!!

Jen Davis said...

God bless him! He looks like you with his tongue hanging out. :)I think I've seen that face in vball practice just before you set the ball. LOL.

I would have been the same way at daycare seeing him walk. It just goes by too fast.

Nikki said...

AWESOME!! What a cutie. Guess what, I posted some pictures...don't get too excited!! he he
Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. xoxoxo