Monday, January 1, 2007

He's A Daddy!


Ok I told you all I would tell you how I told Rory that he was going to be a Daddy:)
Well here it is:November 15th, I woke up with this brilliant idea to take an in-home pregnancy test. I really didn't want to because only a week earlier I had taken one hoping for good news on my birthday only to have my hopes dashed. I laid in bed trying to convince myself it was a bad idea I needed to wait at least another week. For some reason I kept thinking that I really needed to take the test. I did first thing when I got up and was cautiously thrilled when I got two blue lines. Rory had already left for work (around God awful 0 dark hundred hours) so I wondered to myself if the test was accurate. I went off to workiong knowing that around 11:00am I would be back home for the heating man to come and check out our unit before winter hit us full in the face. After the heating man left, I took another test figuring if it read positive that far into the day then I had to be pregnant. Sure enough to my relief I was told once again I was carrying my first child. Then came the hardest part. I told you Rory had left for work, but what I failed to mention was that he was working a 24 hour duty day meaning I wouldn't see him again until the evening of the 16th after work. We are talking almost 36 hours of knowing I was pregnant and not being able to tell a single soul. I had to tell the Daddy first! Rory beat me home which made my plan a little more tricky. I ran straight upstairs to our bathroom and had to pretend I was very busy and he couldn't come in:) I rolled up my work out top and wrote HI DAD on my stomach with a smilie face. I came out of our bathroom holding the epts with my shirt rolled up anticipating the look on Rory's face, but he had his back to me. I said his name hoping he would turn around but he just said yes babe expecting me to continue. So I had to say his name again and when I did I choked up a little bit of course that clued him in. He turned around and saw my message then he picked me up in a huge hug and whirled me around. So that is the story:)As the weeks have gone on it has gotten less fairy talish and more like having the flu that never leaves. Oh yeah I am having fun all day sickness!

No comments: