Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in Japan

As you all know we are ahead of you so Halloween is over in Japan and tomorrow we ring in November - closer to seeing Rory!
We started the day off with Mommy at the gym and Dylan at Ms Armies where they had dress up time. Here is Dylan dressed up as Mr Policeman.

Here he is either shocked that he is still Mr Policeman or just caught off guard:) Ms Armie has an awesome play room at her home that Dylan just loves! Dylan loves his time at here home. I must say she is truly a blessing to Dylan and I!!!
Dylan in his outfit for the day jeans and the cute bones shirt that Nana and Papa Steve sent him. It does glow in the dark but Dylan didn't seem to care or notice during his nap time. This being the only time it was dark enough for him to notice. I did try showing him before he went down but it was a who cares mom.

These next shots aren't of great quality but I had to add them. They show you Dylan being Dylan! I know I know I will eventually add a post about how much Dylan has changed and what all he does to pass the days - be patient:)
He wanted to wear a backpack so mom emptied it of his diaper bag essentials and let him tromp around the house. Does he look excited or what!



We are a shoes off home which is how I grew up. Mom didn't have any desire to try and get the red clay out of white carpets. I do it because it is great for reducing dirt and germs in the house. It is normal over here in Japan and most homes are built with a special foyer area for shoes to be removed before entering the rest of the home. The best part about it all is the maintenance guys leave their dirty work boots outside the door and slip into house shoes to work in out apartment. They carry the shoes with their supplies:)
Ok back to the picture. I had told Dylan it was time to leave for Ms Armies and we need to get our tennis shoes on. I think he picked the wrong pair I couldn't even get my big toe in the ones he left for me. Sure would be hard to run:)



This was during our handing out candy time. This little Tupperware holds his letters and numbers. I guess he thought it would hold him as well. It does but barely. I had nothing to do with this. Ok so I guess I am mistaken on that statement. As I was reading on the couch DYln grabs for my hand. He used it for support as he put his second foot in the Tupperware. After he was standing in it he let go and squeezed down.
The look and pointing finger is because someone had literally just rung the doorbell. I think it was a ooh ooh mom someone is at the door. I need to get out and go with you. A veyr urgent I need to go with you by the look on his face.

We had more visitors tonight then we did the 3 years we lived in Virginia. 21 different groups about half in half American and Japanese.
The very first time the doorbell rang Dylan beat me to the door and knocked on it:) I opened it to reveal two American boys in scary masks. Dylan stood right next to me as I handed them their candy not scared just taking it all in. As I closed the door, Dylan cried because he either wanted them to come in or he wanted to go out. The boys thought he was scared of them. I heard one of the guys say Yea the first one! Ha ha I guess if it made them feel big and tough they can think they scared Dylan. When really he wanted to hang out.
Dylan proceed to come with me to the door for the first 10 groups. At that point he was tired of the whole deal and would continue to play. But by group 16 he was back at it smiling at all the Japanese families who would say kawae or kauai (like the island) (not the correct spelling but the correct pronunciation) which means cute. One little Japanese girl who could not have been more than 6 years old thought he was cute enough to pat on the head! Tonight Dylan made it into two more Japanese families picture albums. This is a regular occurrence - I wonder by the time we leave here how many Japanese people will have pictures of Dylan? Sometimes people ask me and I always say yes. Other times I just notice the cameras flashing or see the people crouching down for a better angle. But I am getting ahead of myself - I will save those stories for our posts about the different parades we have seen






2 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy (belated) Halloween!! Hopefully I'll manage to get a few cute pictures of my kids in their costumes- poor Landon has his first cold and Savannah has a cough- not very festive of them!!

Rory said...

I hate missing out on all the fun!! I am missing you guys so much. Thanks for posting the pics babe!!