Tuesday, August 19, 2008

From Rory... Leaving San Diego

Well I figured I would put up a quick post since Kim is trying to get everything situated in Japan. Kim and I have been able to chat on the phone a few times and are emailing all the time to keep in touch. Things are going well with Kim and Dylan in Japan. They are mostly set up and the first shipment of household items will be delivered on Wednesday. Our sponsor has been a big help to Kim with getting all the things taken care of since their arrival. I am sure she will start blogging soon as the internet will be connected in our apartment on I think Wednesday. Then she will be able to set up Skype to make calls back to the US for cheap. That will be a big blessing for her I know.

As for me, I am leaving San Diego on the 21st. I am ready to get over to Japan and be with my family. However, I won't be arriving until late September. The fire on the ship certainly threw a kink in the plans since I would have been in Japan tomorrow had it not happened. So anyway, just thought I would throw this up to say goodbye to you all and the USA for a year! We will be in touch though of course. Sayonara...

No comments: