Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mt Fuji Sight Seeing Part 2

Lake Kawaguchi

Mt Fuji is surround by 5 lakes with Kawaguchi being in the center. From the northern shore you are supposed to be able to see the inverted image of Mt Fuji on the lake. As you have gathered from the previous blog we didn't get to enjoy this view.
The above picture is taken looking out from our table at lunch.
I had heard about sweet potato ice cream - I'm game. Being told it was purple I looked for a ice cream vendor at the Lake who was selling purple ice cream. This was actually Lavender ice cream apposed to sweet potato - another time then.
Both Dylan and I thoroughly enjoyed our ice cream. It was much needed to get the taste of lunch out of my mouth. I ordered shoba noodles with mountain veggies. I didn't realize they came in a broth and the broth tasted really fishy!
This is Dylan's first experience with an ice cream cone - actually even with ice cream if I am remembering correctly. He was hesitant at first them kept asking for more huh oh what have I done:)

love the little smirk;)
Our time here was short since this was really just our lunch break. I do hope to return and take the cable car up the mountain to get a better view. I can only imagine it would be magnificent especially if you could see majestic Mt Fuji reflected in the lake. Ah I am dreaming of what a beautiful picture that could be to scrapbook - yes sometimes I tend to think in scrapbook terms when it comes to pictures

Next Up Segen Shrine and Fuji Peace Park

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh wow, that is beautiful!! What's funny to think is, there are places just as majestic right here in our own country that I've never gotten to experience, either- it makes me want to jump in an RV and explore!!

Oh, and I am going to respond to your sweet email, I promise- it's just a matter of finding 10 minutes to myself!!

Love you all!

Courtney&Chris said...

Hey Kim,

I love reading your posts and seeing the pictures. You are so brave out and about being mobbed :) Thanks so much for your comments on our blog. It meant a lot to me. You guys are the reason we started our blog so really you have a hand in it :).