Friday, September 19, 2008

TCCOR II

TCCOR = Tropical Cyclone Condition of Readiness
Stage II means destructive winds of 50 knots or greater are expected within 24 hours
Looking up the hurricane categories this seems to fall in a cat 1. I am honestly not sure of the difference between a cyclone and a hurricane - unless it is just which side of the world we are on?
Anyways Dylan and I are expecting our first cyclone experience soon.
If you want to track our progress you can go to our commands website which is www.cfay.navy.mil at the bottom right you will see links for typhoon pre info and weather. Those two links will be keeping you as updated as I am. Since I don't have our tv yet I won't be tuning into the base channel to follow the weather.
Just keeping everyone updated on our adventurous life:) I am off to curl up and read the Men's Fitness magazine. No, I don't generally read mens magazines but Tim Tebow is on the front cover so I had to buy it! I am now cyclone ready:)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Okay, for a moment I was worried about the effects of being on the other side of the world...MENS magazine...ha ha! But with Tebow on the cover I can understand the temptation!! Love you. Hold on tight during your storm. XOXOXO