Sunday, September 14, 2008

Someone's Birthday Has Vanished!!!

So I thought it was strange when I jumped 13 hours ahead crossing over the International Dateline when flying here to Japan how about this for strange. The Navy decided to work it out so they took away someones birthday, literally. Here is how it worked for Rory. At midnight the ship decided to jump ahead by a full 24 hours! With about 5,000 sailors on board you know someone had to loose their birthday:( I am excited to say that Rory and I are now on the same day though interestingly enough he is now ahead of me on our Sunday. This is huge for me because it means my main man is getting closer and closer!!!!
Better run I need to get ready for church - Yokosuka Baptist (out in town)

1 comment:

Tami@ourhouse said...

Hi Kim! I have been loving your posts- I read them like a good novel, only this is your true life! :) By the way, you look GREAT! Dylan is adorable. Have you met any friends yet?

Oh- how about some photos of your apartment? We'd love to see around, you know?? It reminds me a bit of seminary housing, from what I can tell from the photos so far.

Thanks so much for keeping us informed. The grace of God is all over your countenance, and your adventuresome spirit. We are praying for you!

Love,
Tami